Passport Application


 A. Travel Documents issued by Uganda High Commission, Nairobi.

 Emergency Certificates are issued to Ugandans wishing to return back to Uganda.

 Situations where Emergency Certificates are issued include:

1. Applicant having lost original Travel Document which she/he travelled on to come to Kenya.

2. Travel Document held by applicant having expired.

3. Applicant born in Kenya (infant/child) staying in Kenya and adult also staying in Kenya and never travelled to Uganda since birth.

 4. Returning Ugandan who may have left Uganda as a Refugee or freed from detention Centre.

5. Ugandan who has applied for a visa and submitted his/her passport at an Embassy and wishes to return home before the visa is issued.
 6. Ugandan living and working with a Kenyan Institution or Company, International Organization, NGO in Kenya who submitted his/her passport at the Immigration Department for Kenyan Re- Entry Pass and wishes to travel to Uganda before a Pass is issued.


1. Application Form to be filled (Click to download)
2. Original Birth Certificate in case of an infant
 3. Copies of passports for the parents of the infant
4. For one who has lost Travel Document to attach a Police Report on the loss
5. Two Passport Size photographs
 6. A fee is charged for the Emergency Certificate.
7. In case of returning Ugandan, official documentation from the relevant authorities.
B. Travel Documents Renewed
1. Temporary Movement Permit (TMP)
2. Certificate of Identity (C.I)
3. Passports which have expired are not renewable. Applicant has to apply for a Passport at the Passport Control Office in Kampala.

Ugandan living and working in Kenya may be issued with a letter of recommendation to facilitate the application.